2018 Updates to youth protection training
New Youth Protection Training was introduced in March 2018. The old style training was previously available on this website but is no longer valid. At this point, you must take the training through my.scouting.org as per the instructions below!
The Rules of YPT from the Voice of Scouting:
- As of January 1, 2018, no new leader can be a registered without first completing youth protection training.
- As of January 1, 2018, no council, regional or national leader will be allowed to renew their registration if they are not current on their youth protection training.
- As of September 1, 2017, no unit may re-charter without all leaders being current on their youth protection training. Registrars no longer have the ability to approve charters without full compliance.
- Effective June 1, 2018, all adults accompanying a Scouting unit who are present at the activity for 72 total hours or more must be registered as a leader, including completion of a criminal background check and Youth Protection Training. The 72 hours need not be consecutive.
- Youth Protection Training is mandatory for every leader, even those who completed the previous program within the past two years. It must be completed by October 1, 2018
- Go to my.scouting.org
- Sign in with your my.scouting.org login, or click "create account"
- On the homepage that opens after you login, there is a link to "Take Youth Protection Training"